About Yorkstone Online…
Yorkstone online are a web based business supplying direct from quarry to customer, We have a small sample yard in Surrey but no big expensive yard to enable us to keep the costs of our products down…
We only supply genuine Yorkstone Paving and will not be beaten on price. We will match any quotes on genuine yorkstone products if supplied proof of a quote…
We pride ourselves on great customer service…
We only sell top quality yorkstone products – No imported rubbish/ Ethical Trading…
Why pay twice the price at a garden centre, or local builders yard? Buy a natural stone product made in the UK that will last a lifetime…
Getting in touch with us. You can either complete our contact form which can be found here or call us on (Surrey) 01428 288295
If the stock we have to offer is suitable and you would like a sample posted to you today please contact us and we will be happy to send you one in the post, there will be a small fee payable by you to cover the cost of postage. The items are weighty as the package will mainly consist of your stone sample so a £10.00 sample fee is requested prior to posting
* Please call us for confirmation of actual delivery times to specific postcodes.
Why Buy Yorkstone?
A lot of people will never of heard of Yorkstone, it is basically a sand stone that has been quarried in Yorkshire, UK. Hence the term ‘York Stone’. Yorkstone is highly desirable around the UK as a premium quality paver and its fantastic character and durability.
Terms & Conditions
By placing an order or entering into any correspondence or agreement with York Stone Supplies you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Vat will be charged at the prevailing rate in accordance with HM Customs Revenue rules.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All goods are the property of York Stone Supplies until cleared funds are received in full.
- We cannot give guaranteed delivery times. When placing an order we will only give an am (7.00am-12.00pm) or pm (12.00pm-5.00pm) slot. If you want a more accurate delivery time you can call the office on the morning of the delivery and we will be pleased to give you a more accurate delivery time. However delays are still possible which are beyond our control and we will not be in any way financially liable for late goods or services.
- Whilst we will always strive to deliver materials within an agreed time frame delays can occur which are beyond York Stone Supplies control. York Stone Supplies will not be financially liable for any costs arising due delayed goods or services or faulty goods or services.
- All payments will need to be completed by Bank transfer or Cheque, we do not accept card payments
- No order will be accepted until cleared funds are received in full.
- Delivery is to kerbside only unless previous arrangements have been made.
- York Stone Supplies do not accept any financially liability for surface subsidence, damage to property, oil, tyre marks vehicles or underground services in the case that the customer or any person acting on behalf of or employed by the customer has requested that any York Stone Supplies delivery vehicles enters the grounds of any private dwelling/residence.
- York Stone Supplies reserves the right to withhold delivery if any circumstances beyond York Stone Supplies control prevent a delivery being carried out. We also reserve the right to charge for any wasted time.
- If you believe you have received any damaged/defected/missing goods or services you should notify York Stone Supplies immediately by telephone and then writing. York Stone Supplies agree to replace any damaged/defected/missing goods as quickly as is practically possible. York Stone Supplies are not liable for any loss or damage to the client caused by damaged/defected/missing goods. York Stone Supplies reserve the right to refuse to replace sawn material which has been transported by the customer or any person acting on behalf of or employed by the customer. Please also note that we strongly recommend that you order a minimum of 5% extra stone to allow for slight chips, and any damages caused during transit. Stone is a natural material which has been transported around the world in many cases. While we strive to get the stone to you in 100% pristine condition we cannot always guarantee that every piece will arrive in perfect condition. York Stone Supplies will not replace very small quantities of broken slabs (below 5%) and we advise that customers order an extra 5% of material to allow for this eventuality. Any affected slabs can be used for cuts.
- If for any reason you need to return goods to York Stone Supplies we will only accept them if they are in pristine condition. We will not refund any goods which have cement marks, footprints or general dirt & grime. We will also charge a 20% handling charge on all returned goods (minimum charge of £40). We will not accept any returns 30 days after purchase.
- York Stone Supplies offer a seven day cooling off period. If you would like to return your goods within seven days of purchase for any reason we will be happy to do so, however due the high costs associated with shipping the goods, the delivery cost is non-refundable and should a collection be required the cost of the collection will be reflected in the value of the refund.
- When ordering bespoke products your right to a seven day cooling off period is waived, any products which have been made to order unfortunately will be not returnable and as such no refunds will be made.
Natural stone colour and texture
Natural stone can vary in colour, tone & texture. The colours shown in all London Stone brochures and websites are as accurate as modern photography and printing allow. We would always recommend viewing products in daylight prior to purchasing. No sorting of crates will be permitted.
Natural stone can develop brown markings as its iron content oxidises. This is a temporary phenomenon which will disappear over a period of time. Products delivered may vary from samples previously supplied, and this is completely normal for all natural products.
Natural stone is a natural material and as such will sometimes contain small chips, blemishes and imperfections which can occur during the manufacture, packaging and transport process . York Stone Supplies recommend purchasing extra stone to allow for cuts and wastage. When ordering any sawn material in particular we recommend ordering a minimum of 5% additional material for wastage.
Thickness & dimensions
All stated thickness and dimensions are nominal and as such are subject to cutting tolerances.
Orders & Deliveries
We use a vast network of independent haulage companies and depots to provide our customers with the most cost effective delivery solutions. We employ a shared load system for smaller orders and make use of distribution depots to improve the efficiency of our nationwide delivery system.
With all this in place we are able to arrange deliveries to most parts of the U. K. for very reasonable rates whatever the size of your order.
Delivery F A Q ‘s
Will I have to unload the delivery myself?
No you can leave that to us. Unless arranged otherwise the vehicle that makes the delivery will have facilities to unload. We have a number of unloading methods to suit the site and material including HIAB, mounted fork lift truck, and pallet truck and tail lift.
What size vehicle will make my delivery?
The size of the vehicle making the delivery can vary. If you have any concerns about large vehicles having difficulties in your locality, or in gaining access to your property then please contact us to discuss this prior to ordering. We can unload orders from larger, trunk vehicles into one of our transport depots and make deliveries from there with smaller vehicles if required.
How long will my delivery take?
This will depend on the details of your order. We have a vast range of products in stock, but if you have special requirements we may need to produce items to suit your specifications, we can advise you of an expected delivery date when you make your order. Call us or use our enquiry form if you would like to obtain an idea of a time-scale for your requirements.
How will my order be packaged?
Our products are shipped in a variety of ways. For example paving slabs are generally shipped in wooden crates or stacked on pallets. Walling stone can be delivered on pallets, in large builders bags even loose in tipping wagons. Setts can be sent in bags or loose in tipping lorrys. If you have any specific requirements then please mention this at the time of ordering. This way we can facilitate your requirements and keep the costs as low as possible.
What if I’m not happy with my delivery ?
If you feel the delivery has been damaged or it is incorrect then we need to know immediately. If you decide that the product isn’t to your liking for whatever reason then we will arrange collection and provide a refund for the goods but deduct the cost of delivery and retrieval of the product. Please note, special orders i.e.: products cut or manufactured to order cannot be refunded. Please contact us to check suitability or ask for a sample before placing your order if you are unsure. Notification of any problems with the delivery must be made in writing within 3 days of receipt of the delivery.
Do I need to be there to receive the delivery?
Yes. Somebody with sufficient authority will need to be on-site to receive the delivery. Please bear in mind that delivery schedules can rarely be pinned down to specific times. We do strive to meet tight timescales but as there are many factors beyond our control we do require some flexibility with deliveries.